There are several high paying medical jobs in California that require little schooling:
- Medical Coder: Medical coders assign codes to medical diagnoses and procedures for billing purposes. This job typically requires a post-secondary certificate or associate degree in medical coding and can pay upwards of $60,000 a year.
- Dental Hygienist: Dental hygienists clean teeth, examine patients for signs of oral diseases, and provide preventative care. This job typically requires an associate degree in dental hygiene and can pay upwards of $90,000 a year.
- Medical Assistant: Medical assistants perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks in healthcare settings. This job typically requires a post-secondary certificate or diploma and can pay upwards of $40,000 a year.
- Radiologic Technologist: Radiologic technologists perform diagnostic imaging examinations, such as X-rays, on patients. This job typically requires an associate degree and can pay upwards of $70,000 a year.
- Surgical Technologist: Surgical technologists assist surgeons during surgical procedures by preparing operating rooms and equipment, and handing instruments to the surgeon. This job typically requires a post-secondary certificate or diploma and can pay upwards of $60,000 a year.
It's important to note that while these jobs require less schooling than some other medical professions, they still require specialized training and certification. Additionally, salaries can vary depending on location, experience, and other factors.