There are many job opportunities for medical assistants in California. Here are some examples of where medical assistants can find employment in the state:
- Hospitals: Medical assistants can work in hospitals in various departments such as emergency rooms, clinics, or operating rooms.
- Physician offices: Medical assistants can work in physician offices and perform administrative and clinical duties such as taking vitals, documenting patient medical histories, and assisting with minor procedures.
- Urgent care clinics: Medical assistants can work in urgent care clinics and perform various duties such as triaging patients, administering medications, and performing diagnostic tests.
- Outpatient care centers: Medical assistants can work in outpatient care centers and assist with procedures such as physical therapy or laboratory tests.
- Nursing homes: Medical assistants can work in nursing homes and assist with resident care, medication administration, and other duties as needed.
- Laboratories: Medical assistants can work in laboratories and assist with collecting and processing specimens for testing.
Some popular employers of medical assistants in California include Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, and Dignity Health. Additionally, there are many smaller healthcare organizations and private practices that employ medical assistants throughout the state.