There are a variety of medical billing jobs available in California. Some examples include:
- Medical Billing Specialist: Responsible for coding medical procedures and diagnoses, submitting claims to insurance companies, and managing patient accounts.
- Medical Billing Manager: Oversees a team of medical billing specialists, ensures accurate and timely submission of claims, and manages accounts receivable.
- Medical Coder: Assigns codes to medical procedures and diagnoses for billing purposes, using ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS code sets.
- Medical Claims Examiner: Reviews medical claims for accuracy and completeness, approves or denies claims based on policy guidelines, and communicates with healthcare providers and patients regarding claim status.
- Revenue Cycle Analyst: Analyzes revenue cycle data to identify trends and areas for improvement, develops and implements strategies to increase revenue and reduce costs, and collaborates with other departments to optimize revenue cycle performance.
To find medical billing jobs in California, you can search on job websites like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor, as well as check with local healthcare providers and medical billing companies. It's also a good idea to network with others in the industry and attend job fairs or industry events.