Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are professionals who act as a bridge between pharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers. They are responsible for providing medical and scientific information to healthcare professionals, participating in clinical research and trials, and collaborating with internal teams such as marketing and sales to ensure that the company's products are used safely and effectively.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as an MSL in New York, there are several steps you can take to explore job opportunities:
- Research pharmaceutical companies that have a presence in New York and look for job openings on their websites. Some of the top pharmaceutical companies in New York include Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Novartis.
- Utilize job search engines such as Indeed, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn to search for MSL job openings in New York. You can filter your search based on location, company, and job title.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events to meet professionals in the field and learn about job opportunities. The Medical Affairs Strategic Summit (MASS) and the Medical Affairs Leaders Forum (MALF) are two examples of industry events that take place in New York.
- Consider working with a recruitment agency that specializes in placing MSLs. Some examples of recruitment agencies in New York that specialize in the life sciences industry include Meet Recruitment, ProClinical, and Tardis Medical.
- Build your network by joining professional organizations such as the Medical Science Liaison Society (MSL Society) and attending local events. This will help you stay informed about industry trends and job openings.
Overall, there are many opportunities to pursue a career as an MSL in New York. By conducting thorough research, networking, and utilizing online resources, you can find job openings that match your skills and interests.