There are several work-from-home medical jobs available in California. Here are a few examples:
- Telemedicine Physician: Telemedicine physicians provide remote healthcare services to patients via video conference, phone, or email. This is an excellent option for doctors who prefer to work from home. Some popular telemedicine platforms in California include Teladoc, MDLIVE, and Doctor on Demand.
- Medical Coder: Medical coders assign codes to medical diagnoses and procedures for billing purposes. This job can easily be done from home with a computer and internet connection. Many healthcare facilities in California hire remote medical coders, such as Kaiser Permanente and Cedars-Sinai.
- Medical Writer: Medical writers create content for medical journals, textbooks, and other publications. They may also write marketing materials for pharmaceutical companies or medical device manufacturers. This job can be done from home, and many companies in California hire remote medical writers.
- Medical Transcriptionist: Medical transcriptionists listen to recordings made by healthcare professionals and transcribe them into written reports. This job can be done from home with a computer and transcription software. Many medical transcription companies in California hire remote workers, such as Nuance and MModal.
- Health Coach: Health coaches work with patients to help them achieve their health goals, such as losing weight or managing a chronic condition. This job can be done remotely, either through video conferencing or phone consultations. Many health coaching companies in California hire remote workers, such as Health Coach Institute and Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
These are just a few examples of work-from-home medical jobs available in California. There are many more opportunities in fields such as medical billing and coding, nursing, and healthcare consulting.